Steps to Dual Credit Enrollment
Dual Credit is a program that allows high school students to enroll in classes that will give students academic credit at their high school and at Southern.
Application Period: September 20 – September 27, 2021
APPLY TO SOUTHERN
- Admissions Process
- Create an Account at APPLY.SOUTHERNWV.EDU
- Check your Email to activate your account.
- Click the “Activate Account” link in your email to return to APPLY.SOUTHERNWV.EDU to complete the application.
- Submit you application! You are not finished until you submit the application!
- Contact Tim Ooten at [email protected] for questions regarding admission.
- Students choose which classes they want for the fall semester.
- Your high school counselor will give you the registration link to sign up for classes.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR HS COUNSELORS
- Students must complete the application for admission and select their classes by September 27th by 4pm. Southern will email an Excel Spreadsheet to the HS Counselors with a list of all students who completed this process on Wednesday, September 29th by 4pm.
- HS Counselors will review the list to make sure all students wanting to take dual credit courses get the opportunity and are approved to take college level coursework.
- HS Counselors will put GPAs on the spreadsheet in the column provided.
- After placing GPAs on the spreadsheet, HS Counselors should review for accuracy. The spreadsheet should be sent to [email protected] from the HS Counselors official school email address by September 29th. By sending the spreadsheet to Dianna Toler, the HS Counselors are approving the students to take college-level courses at Southern. Additionally, HS Counselors are verifying the students listed have the grade-point averages required.
- Admissions Application and Course Selection forms completed by September 27th
- No payment is required. Southern is paying all dual credit students’ tuition.
- Spreadsheets of students who applied for Admission sent to HS Counselors on Wednesday, September 29th.
- HS Counselors
- Spreadsheets sent to Dianna Toler by Friday, October 1st.