Tuition and Fees
Fall 2014 Dates to Remember:
- Payment due date for pre-registered students will be Thursday July 31, 2014.
- Drop of unpaid pre-registered students will be at the close of the business day on Thursday, July 31, 2014.
- Bookstore voucher number activation date will be Saturday, August 8, 2014.
- Fall 2014 classes begin Monday, August 18, 2014.
- The final 40% installment payment is due Tuesday, September 29, 2014.
Other Dates to Remember:
- Second installment for Summer 2014 Classes (40%) payment due date is June 19, 2014.
- Fall 2014 – Payment due date will be July 31, 2014 (All unpaid students will be withdrawn from classes at the close of the business day.)
- Spring 2015 – Payment due date will be December 18, 2014 (All unpaid students will be withdrawn from classes at the close of the business day.)
- Summer 2015 – Payment due date will be April 16, 2015 (All unpaid students will be withdrawn from classes at the close of the business day.
Students must pay all tuition, other fees, and course fees for classes within the academic term for which they register.
|Credit Hour||*WV Resident Rate||Non-Resident Rate|
|Twelve or More||$1,524||$2,338|
*Residents of the following Kentucky reciprocity counties are assessed at WV resident rates: Boyd, Lawrence, Martin, and Pike counties.
In addition to above tuition rates, Southern also assesses the following fees to all students who register for classes on their campuses or sites. These fees are non-refundable after the first day of the academic term.
|Fee||Fee Per Semester|
|Health/Wellness Fee (Assessed to all students who register for 3 or more credit hours each academic term).||$10.00|
|Technology Fee (Assessed to all students who register for 7 or more credit hours each academic term).||$100.00|
A course fee is a fee charged per credit hour of instruction for specific courses that require additional costs such as labs or supplies. It is assessed in addition to tuition. The classes that have course fees are listed below.
|Course Subject||Rate Per Credit Hour|
|Healthcare Technology/Allied Health||AH||$10.00|
|Computer Info Systems||CS||$10.00|
|Electrical Engineering Tech||EG||$10.00|
|Med Laboratory Technology||ML||$15.00|
|Respiratory Care Technology||RC||$20.00|
|Salon Mgmt. / Cosmetology||SM||$20.00|
|Diploma Replacement Fee||$20.00|
|Late Registration Fee||$25.00|
|International Student Application Fee||$100.00|
|CLEP Examination Fee||$10.00|
|Challenge Examination Fee (per credit hour)||$10.00|
|Portfolio Assessment Fee||$300.00|
|Portfolio Credit Posting Fee (per credit hour)||$10.00|
|Return Check Fee||$25.00|
|Late Payment Fee||$50.00|
|Transcript Fee (after five)||$10.00|
|ACCUPlacer Testing Fee (Charge for retaking test. $2.50 per unit a maximum of 4 units).||$10.00|
1.) 100% refunds are given for any classes cancelled by the College or for any class from which the student withdraws prior to the
beginning day of classes for the academic term.
2.) The Technology Fee and the Health/Wellness Fee are non-refundable as of the first day of classes for any given
3.) Non-Traditional Classes - Non-Traditional classes are classes that have a shorter duration period than the 16 week
classes. 100% refund is given when one drops the class before the first day of the class. No refund beginning
the day the class starts.
4.) Traditional Classes – Traditional classes are classes that meet 16 weeks during the academic term. To be
eligible for a refund after the beginning day of classes for the term, the student must withdraw from all
classes (leaving 0 hours registered for the 16 week term) within the refund dates listed below.
Refund Schedule (For Traditional 15 week Classes).
|August 18 through August 28, 2014||90%|
|August 29 through September 11, 2014||70%|
|September 12 through September 25, 2014||50%|
|After September 25 , 2014||No Refund|
|January 20 through January 29, 2015||90%|
|January 30 through February 12, 2015||70%|
|February 13 through February 26, 2015||50%|
|After February 26, 2015||No Refund|
|May 26 through June 8, 2014||90%|
|June 9 through June 22, 2014||70%|
|June 23 through July 6, 2014||50%|
|After July 6, 2014||No Refund|