Tuition and Fees
Summer 2016 Dates to Remember
- Payment due date for pre-registered students will be Thursday, May 12, 2016.
- Drop of unpaid pre-registered students will be at the close of the business day on Thursday, May 12, 2016.
- Bookstore voucher number activation date will be Friday, May 13, 2016.
- Summer 2016 classes begin, Monday, May 23, 2016.
Other Dates to Remember
- Fall 2016 - Financial Aid completion date is Monday, July 18, 2016.
- Fall 2016 payment due date for pre-registered students will be Thursday, August 4, 2016.
- Drop of unpaid pre-registered students will be at the close of the business day on Thursday, August 4, 2016.
- Bookstore voucher codes activation date will be Friday, August 5, 2016. (Book vouchers codes will expire on Friday, August 26, 2016.)
- Fall 2016 classes begin, Monday August 15, 2016.
- The final 40% installment payment for Fall 2016 is due Monday, September 29, 2016.
Tuition Rates:(Rates for Summer 2016 Only)
Students must pay all tuition, other fees, and course fees for classes within the academic term for which they register.
|Credit Hour||*WV Resident Rate||Non-Resident Rate|
|Twelve or More||$1,596||$2,429|
*Residents of the following Kentucky reciprocity counties are assessed at WV resident rates: Boyd, Lawrence, Martin, and Pike counties.
In addition to above tuition rates, Southern also assesses the following fees to all students who register for classes on their campuses or sites. These fees are non-refundable after the first day of the academic term.
|Fee||Fee Per Semester|
|Health/Wellness Fee (Assessed to all students who register for 3 or more credit hours each academic term).||$10.00|
|Technology Fee (Assessed to all students who register for 7 or more credit hours each academic term).||$100.00|
A course fee is a fee charged per credit hour of instruction for specific courses that require additional costs such as labs or supplies. It is assessed in addition to tuition. The classes that have course fees are listed below.
|Course Subject||Rate Per Credit Hour|
|Healthcare Technology/Allied Health||AH||$10.00|
|Computer Info Systems||CS||$10.00|
|Electrical Engineering Tech||EG||$10.00|
|Med Laboratory Technology||ML||$15.00|
|Respiratory Care Technology||RC||$20.00|
|Salon Mgmt. / Cosmetology||SM||$20.00|
|Online Course Fee||$25.00|
|Diploma Replacement Fee||$20.00|
|Late Registration Fee||$25.00|
|International Student Application Fee||$100.00|
|CLEP Examination Fee||$10.00|
|Challenge Examination Fee (per credit hour)||$10.00|
|Portfolio Assessment Fee||$300.00|
|Portfolio Credit Posting Fee (per credit hour)||$10.00|
|Return Check Fee||$25.00|
|Late Payment Fee||$50.00|
|Transcript Fee (after five)||$10.00|
|ACCUPlacer Testing Fee (Charge for retaking test. $2.50 per unit a maximum of 4 units).||$10.00|
1.) 100% refunds are given for any classes cancelled by the College or for any class from which the student withdraws prior to the
beginning day of classes for the academic term.
2.) The Technology Fee and the Health/Wellness Fee are non-refundable as of the first day of classes for any given
3.) Non-Traditional Classes - Non-Traditional classes are classes that have a shorter duration period than the 16 week
classes. 100% refund is given when one drops the class before the first day of the class. No refund beginning
the day the class starts.
4.) Traditional Classes – Traditional classes are classes that meet 16 weeks during the academic term. To be
eligible for a refund after the beginning day of classes for the term, the student must withdraw from all
classes (leaving 0 hours registered for the 16 week term) within the refund dates listed below.
Refund Schedule (For Traditional 16 Week Classes).
|August 10 through August 20, 2015||90%|
|August 21 through September 03, 2015||70%|
|September 04 through September 17, 2015||50%|
|After September 17 , 2015||No Refund|
|January 19 through January 28, 2016||90%|
|January 29 through February 11, 2016||70%|
|February 12 through February 25, 2016||50%|
|After February 25, 2016||No Refund|
|May 23 through June 2, 2016||90%|
|June 3 through June 16, 2016||70%|
|June 17 through June 30, 2016||50%|
|After June 30, 2016||No Refund|