Tuition and Fees
Fall 2016 Dates to Remember
- Fall 2016 - Financial Aid completion date is Monday, July 18, 2016.
- Fall 2016 payment due date for pre-registered students will be Thursday, August 4, 2016.
- Drop of unpaid pre-registered students will be at the close of the business day on Thursday, August 4, 2016.
- Bookstore voucher codes activation date will be Friday, August 5, 2016. (Book vouchers codes will expire on Friday, August 26, 2016.)
- Fall 2016 classes begin, Monday August 15, 2016.
- The final 40% installment payment for Fall 2016 is due Monday, September 29, 2016.
Other Dates to Remember
- Spring 2017 - Financial Aid Completion Date is December 1, 2016.
- Spring 2017 - Payment due date for pre-registered students will be Thursday, January 5, 2017.
- Spring 2017- Drop of unpaid pre-registered students will be at the close of the business day Thursday, January 5, 2017.
- Spring 2017 - Bookstore voucher codes activation date will be Friday, January 6, 2017. (Book voucher codes will expire on Friday, January 27, 2017).
- Spring 2017 classes begin, Tuesday January 17, 2017.
- The final 40% installment payment for Spring 2017 is due Tuesday, February 28, 2017.
Students must pay all tuition, other fees, and course fees for classes within the academic term for which they register.
|Credit Hour||*WV Resident Rate||Non-Resident Rate|
|Twelve or More||$1,668||$2,880.50|
*Residents of the following Kentucky reciprocity counties are assessed at WV resident rates: Boyd, Lawrence, Martin, and Pike counties.
In addition to above tuition rates, Southern also assesses the following fees to all students who register for classes on their campuses or sites. These fees are non-refundable after the first day of the academic term.
|Fee||Fee Per Semester|
|Health/Wellness Fee (Assessed to all students who register for 3 or more credit hours each academic term).||$10.00|
|Technology Fee (Assessed to all students who register for 7 or more credit hours each academic term).||$100.00|
A course fee is a fee charged per credit hour of instruction for specific courses that require additional costs such as labs or supplies. It is assessed in addition to tuition. The classes that have course fees are listed below.
|Course Subject||Rate Per Credit Hour|
|Healthcare Technology/Allied Health||AH||$10.00|
|Computer Info Systems||CS||$10.00|
|Electrical Engineering Tech||EG||$10.00|
|Med Laboratory Technology||ML||$15.00|
|Respiratory Care Technology||RC||$20.00|
|Salon Mgmt. / Cosmetology||SM||$20.00|
|Online Course Fee||$25.00|
|Diploma Replacement Fee||$20.00|
|Late Registration Fee||$25.00|
|International Student Application Fee||$100.00|
|CLEP Examination Fee||$10.00|
|Challenge Examination Fee (per credit hour)||$10.00|
|Portfolio Assessment Fee||$300.00|
|Portfolio Credit Posting Fee (per credit hour)||$10.00|
|Return Check Fee||$25.00|
|Late Payment Fee||$50.00|
|Transcript Fee (after five)||$10.00|
|ACCUPlacer Testing Fee (Charge for retaking test. $2.50 per unit a maximum of 4 units).||$10.00|
- The Technology Fee and the Health/Wellness Fee are non-refundable once the semester (or academic term) has begun. If the student withdraws from all courses during the semester/term, the Technology Fee and the Health/Wellness Fee will not be calculated in the refund.
- The following schedule for calculating refunds shall be adhered to for those students who withdraw from the institution via the official withdrawal process and who are eligible to receive refunds. Students qualify for a full refund (100%) of tuition/fees, if they drop any or all of their courses prior to the start of classes for the semester/term. Once classes begin for the semester/term, there are only two ways a students may qualify for a tuition/fee refund. The first is to completely withdraw from the institution for the semester/term (this means carrying zero credit hours for the semester/term). This includes any courses that have not started for the semester/term, including all non-traditional courses. The second way to qualify for a refund is if the institution cancels a course. The student will get 100% refund for any course that is canceled.
Refund Schedule (For Traditional 16 Week Classes).
|August 15 through August 18, 2016||90%|
|August 19 through September 08, 2016||75%|
|September 09 through October 6, 2016||50%|
|After October 6 , 2016||No Refund|
|January 17 through January 19, 2017||90%|
|January 20 through February 9, 2017||75%|
|February 10 through March 9, 2017||50%|
|After March 9, 2017||No Refund|
|May 22 through May 25, 2017||90%|
|May 26 through June 13, 2017||75%|
|June 14 through June 29, 2017||50%|
|After June 29, 2017||No Refund|