Provided below are documents for Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College’s Institutional Governance System. As part of our shared governance process, all committee meetings are open to all faculty and staff members who would like to attend.
Institutional Governance Documents
- 2015-2025 Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College Master Facilities Plan
- 2019-2021 Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College Institutional Governance Handbook
- 2020-2021 Institutional Governance Committee Meeting Schedule (Effective 01-12-2020)
- 2020-2021 Institutional Governance Committee Memberships (Effective 10-28-2020)
- 2019-2021 Institutional Governance Committee Recorders (Effective 10-19-2020)
- 2019-2021 Institutional Governance Recommendation Form
Institutional Governance Archive
- 2017-2019 Institutional Governance Handbook Effective 07012017
- 2019-2020 Institutional Governance Committee Memberships Effective 02272020
- 2018-2019 Institutional Governance Committee Memberships Effective 01152019
- 2017-2018 Institutional Governance Committee Memberships Effective 02192018
- 2016-2017 Institutional Governance Committee Memberships Effective 02222017
- 2015-2017 Institutional Governance System Handbook, Committee Memberships, Recorders Revised 10172016
Strategic planning is creating a vision of the future and managing toward that vision. It’s a process for aligning short-term decisions with long-term goals.
Strategic planning answers three big questions:
- Where are we today?
- Where do we want to be in the future?
- What should we be focused on today, in order to make it more likely we will be where we want to be tomorrow?
Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College’s strategic plan shapes and guides who we are, what we do, and why we do it, all with a focus on the future. Our strategic plan helps us achieve our long-term goals by focusing our energy, by ensuring that we are all working toward the same end, and by allowing us to assess and adjust the College’s direction in response to changes in the higher education environment. Southern’s strategic plan sets forth our reason for being, defines the critical issues, establishes a vision, sets measurable objectives, and, most importantly: prioritizes strategies for achieving our vision.
- A Compact for Community and Technical College / Career-Technical Education Consortia: Planning Period 2012-2017
- Institutional Effectiveness Planning and Evaluation Handbook, Effective 11-12-2019
- Meeting the Challenge: Master Plan, Fulfilling the Vision: 2015 – 2020
- Strategic Enrollment Management Plan 2018-2023
- Strategic Plan 2018-2023
- Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College Board of Governors Expectations of Board Members 2018-2020