Student Job Listings
Clerical - ReceptionistApplication Deadline:
Clerical – Reception Employee
Location: WV State Capitol, Charleston, WV
Resumes can be submitted to:
John K. McHugh
WV Real Estate Division
Deputy Cabinet Secretary
WV Department of Administration
Nature of Work
Under direct supervision, performs full performance level work in multiple-step clerical tasks calling for application of office procedures. Performs clerical tasks within prescribed procedures and guidelines, including receiving calls in a state agency, greeting visitors and being able to meet required deadlines for assigned tasks. Performs related work as required.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Performs routine clerical tasks as a predominant portion of the job. Tasks may include, but are not limited to, sorting and filing documents, typing routine forms and labels, sorting and distributing mail, receiving calls for staff and/or residents, conveying information, taking messages and keeping logs of incoming and outgoing calls. May perform routine data entry. At this level, the predominant tasks are of a routine nature with well-structured directives for completing the work. Information conveyed is of a general nature requiring some interpretation of rules, regulation, or policies. Work is learned through repetition and requires the ability to learn the steps in the series of related tasks, which are typically part of a broader work function. Work is reviewed by the supervisor in process, randomly or upon completion. Contacts are usually informational and intergovernmental.
Example of Work
● Sorts and files documents numerically, alphabetically or according to others you have predetermined classification criteria; retrieves material from files upon request.
● Types routine correspondence, forms, and documents.
● Operates basic computer software and office equipment.
● Answers telephone, screens calls, takes messages and complaints and gives information to the caller regarding the services and procedures of the organizational unit.
● May compile records and reports for supervisor.
● Types a variety of documents from verbal instruction, written or voice recorded dictation.
● Enters information into spreadsheets and databases for record-keeping purposes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Knowledge of office procedures and methods.
● Knowledge of business English, spelling and mathematics.
● Ability to operate the common types of office equipment incidental to the job.
● Knowledge of basic computer software.
● Ability to maintain routine clerical records.
● Ability to understand and effectively carry out complex oral and written directions.
● Ability to maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public.
Training: Graduation from a standard high school or equivalent. Graduation from technical or other college preferred.
$18,829.00 - $34,833.00 annually with state benefits
Head Start TeacherApplication Deadline:
**THIS POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR A $1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS**
Responsibilities: Job responsibilities include, but not limited to: provision of environment conductive to learning and appropriate to the developmental level of children; Involves children in all phases of self-care (dressing, lunch time, toileting, etc.); Serves as a behavior model for children to imitate; Establish positive and productive relationships with parents; Writes daily lesson plans; Assess child’s developmental level; Supervise assistant teacher and ride on transportation vehicles with driver when necessary.
Requirements: A Bachelor’s Degree is required, Early Childhood Education degree preferred. An Apprenticeship for Child Development Specialist (ACDS) is an asset. Candidate must be willing to submit to a physical exam, TB test, drug screen, criminal background check, DHHR Protective Service check and DMV check. Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination is required. In some instances, weekly testing may be an option. PRIDE Community Services will comply with federal, state and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.
Applications are available at the PRIDE office, 699 East Stratton Street, Logan, WV 25601 or online at loganpride.com. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
All interested parties must submit an application, cover letter, resume, one written personal reference and one written business reference to:
PRIDE Community Services, Inc.
PO Box 1346
Logan, WV 25601
PRIDE Community Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Please contact the Human Resources office at 752-6868 if you need assistance, reasonable accommodation or have hiring process questions.
Available vacanciesApplication Deadline:
General Labor, Machinist, Mechanic, and Welder positions are currently available at Mining Repair Specialists located in Holden, WV. Pay is based on experience. All applicants are encouraged to apply in-person. The facility is located directly beside Holden Elementary.