Classified Staff Council
Southern’s Classified Staff Council (CSC) is an elected body whose purpose is to represent classified staff, to consider and recommend policy regarding staff welfare, and become an avenue to voice staff suggestions and concerns.
What We Do
The function of the Classified Staff Council is to:
- Support Southern’s effort in accomplishing its mission and vision
- Review and make recommendations regarding institutional policies and procedures
- Provide representation to the college and professional organizations
- Provide professional development opportunities for classified staff
- Address issues of concern involving classified staff individually or collectively
- Bring concerns of classified staff to the attention of the college community, administration, and the Board of Governors
- Stimulate and strengthen the morale and employee satisfaction of classified staff
Upcoming Events/What’s New?
Meetings of the Classified Staff Council are generally held on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 10:00 a.m. Meetings are held online via Microsoft Teams. For more information on Teams, contact Chair Beverly McDonald 304.896.7060, .
Upcoming Regular Meetings of Classified Staff Council:
- Tuesday, May 25, 2021
- Tuesday, June 15, 2021 – Annual Presentation to BOG
- Tuesday, June 29, 2021
Chairperson Pat Miller made the annual presentation to Southern’s Board of Governors. The 2020 Annual BOG Presentation can be viewed here.
Officers and Committee Members
West Virginia Advisory Council of Classified Employees (WVACCE) Representative:
Christopher Gray, Manager of Business and Auxiliary Services – Williamson,
Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College
Board of Governors Representative:
Dianna Toler, Director of Disability and Adult Services,
Primary Occupational Activity (POA) Representatives:
Secretarial/Clerical/Office – Vacant
Technical/Paraprofessional – Vacant
Administrative/Managerial – (vacant-all POA members on CSC)
Other Governance Committee Representatives
Financial Exigency Committee:
Standing Governance Committee Representatives
Strategic Planning and Financial Review Committee:
Boone/Lincoln Campus Representative: Anna Evans 304.307.0708
Student Success Committee:
Non-IT Member: Vacant
Professional Development Sub-Committee:
Purpose – To review applications for professional development funds from classified staff employees requesting specific training assistance. Any Classified Staff member needing assistance with educational-professional development costs should submit a completed application to the committee Chair. Applications can be found HERE.
Purpose – To provide funding assistance to classified employees who have been affected by serious or catastrophic events such as illness, flooding or fire. Funding requests may be submitted by email to any committee member with the name of the employee in need and a description of the situation.
Chair – Vacant
Purpose – To honor employees by sending cards on their special days such as birthdays or new arrivals to their families and condolences during the loss of a loved one. Submit event information by email to any committee member.
Purpose – This committee’s purpose is two-fold. It is to:
- educate and inform internal and external customers about the functions of Southern’s classified staff in service to our students, faculty, staff, and community via Southern’s website and
- provide classified staff members easy access to pertinent information, forms, policies and resources.
Purpose – To monitor current state bills and legislative committee activity of interest to and/or affecting classified staff and provide regular updates.
Chair – Pat Miller
ACCE Rep – Chris Gray
BOG Rep – Dianna Toler
For information relating to Southern’s classified staff, please contact
Donna Lafferty, Recorder